Conceitedness is without doubt one of many defining traits of human beings. Conceitedness may well even be without danger discerned or felt by us in every phrase or act or posture or gait displayed by the inflicted americans. We confront them in each web page-at dwelling the put the self belief of the head of the family is as veteran because the homo sapiens; at web page of job the put the self belief of the boss percolates down the road very generally besides the others in varied sycophantic roles; at academic establishments the put basically the most scholarly generally displays basically the most conceitedness besides the others in varied emphatic roles; in the ruling class hierarchy conceitedness has been a trademark notwithstanding the transformation from monarchy/dictatorship to democracy in loads of international locations of the arena; and so forth. Understand that, no generalization has been attempted here: else, how on earth execute we’ve the magnanimity of discussing it!
The phrase ‘conceitedness’ has, logically, varied synonyms. Here we will mention just a few examples so that our discourse is much less complex to stamp. These are: Haughtiness, Condescension, Egotism, Meander, Snobbishness, Superciliousness, Mocking, Sneering, and Bigheadedness. Primarily based mostly largely on these we are able to listing out just a few attribute aspects of the arrogant as below:
• The ideology or the ideals they adhere to are the correct which everyone may well perhaps clean notice unquestioningly. They know the entirety, and are absolute scholars, philosophers and writers.
• What they execute or tell or indicate is continuously correct and no living soul may well perhaps clean ever vouch quite the opposite.
• What they eat, what they wear and what kinds or standards they adopt are basically the most discrete ones, and no person may well perhaps clean ever judge disobey.
• They’re extremely intolerant of others’ opinions, neglect about dissent which you most positive judge is the hallmark of a democracy, and someone who dares to contest gets condemned as unfaithful or criminals or traitors.
• They’re also extremely able to making fun of others-that they hold an indomitable flee for food to head on mocking others with an omnipresent all-shiny grin; in the event that they’re compelled by circumstances to give befitting replies to daringly democratic voices.
As we had mentioned earlier we meet arrogant of us at every stroll of life. At most positive, we are able to gain over them with miniature inconveniences; at worst, we gain tormented by them so grievously that our life gets derailed and even damaged-all such scenarios being at a non-public stage even though. However, if conceitedness takes over on the macro stage, that draw on the stage of pronounce administration or governance then it be a recipe for absolute catastrophe. Unfortunately, such form of ‘governance with conceitedness’ has been taking place in loads of areas internationally: bulldozing public realizing or protests or democratic traditions or same earlier suggestions of humanity. The tragic penalties are all there to ogle: consume of the time-tested divide-and-rule policy, in particular at some level of elections; unparalleled show, preaching and unfold of hatred; racist and communal violence; mob fury, lynching and riots; and naturally, tragic lack of innocent lives-so pointless and so eminently preventable.
Why then ‘an ode’ to such an unfit phenomenon? Effectively, democratic sentiments are clean embedded in varied souls of diverse hapless matters admire this author, and so, we, just a few of the of us, clean try to admire the spirit of a democracy. We would earlier mentioned about the unfortunate phenomenon of ‘governance with conceitedness’ considered in loads of international locations of the arena, and what’s doubly unfortunate is the indisputable reality that gigantic chunks of matters are inclined to give a eliminate to or vote for the phenomenon. These gigantic chunks generally hiss to be the majority in respective international locations. In a democracy we admire all sections of the society-their desires, interests and opinions, and consequently of this reality, if the majorities themselves are with the ‘alternate’ then how on earth may well perhaps we ignore such overwhelmingly democratic spontaneity!
It be altogether a particular matter if the majorities fail miserably to distinguish the ‘correct’ from the ‘excessive’. And, it be altogether a in actuality justifiable matter if we judge to make consume of the ‘an ode’ prefix.